Video conferencing first appeared in the 1960s. While it has become a commonly used technology, the global health crisis quickened the pace of its adoption and made it even more ubiquitous.
Today, video-conferencing is used by everyone — from small businesses to large multinational corporations and remote workers.
Whether it’s used to hold meetings and webinars or stream online classes, celebrate birthdays and anniversaries with far-away family members, or simply connect with others, online meeting solutions have become indispensable.
WebinarNinja and WebinarJam are examples of webinar hosting platforms that people all over the world use. While WebinarNinja is built for independent content creators such as teachers, trainers, and coaches, WebinarJam is better suited for business webinars.
If you need a webinar hosting solution for your business, online course, or other needs, let’s take an in-depth look at WebinarNinja vs WebinarJam to see which suits your needs.
Are you ready? Let’s begin.
- 1 What Is WebinarNinja?
- 2 What Is WebinarJam?
- 3 Video Quality
- 4 Security
- 5 Pricing
- 6 Customer Support
- 7 Features for Hosts
- 8 Final Verdict: WebinarNinja Vs WebinarJam
What Is WebinarNinja?
An all-in-one, browser-based webinar platform by Team ON, WebinarNinja helps you create and host webinars in under a minute.
Founded in 2015, WebinarNinja’s parent company is also the creator of CourseNinja, a software that helps educators create and run online courses.
WebinarNinja was made for course creators, teachers, and online event organizers, particularly those who are looking to monetize their content.
Let’s check out its features:
- Up to 1,000 attendees for live webinars, unlimited attendees for automated and recorded webinars
- 10 additional live presenters who can join before and during a webinar
- Can create branded and customized landing pages, registration pages, and “thank you” pages
- Hosts webinar replays for an unlimited period of time
- Promote webinars on social media
- Upload videos and presentation slides into webinars
- Share and download handouts
- Offers analytics before, during, and after the event
- Each user gets a dedicated media library for file storage
- Create limited-period sales offers that appear during live events
- Accepts payment for paid courses through Stripe integration
- Integrates with Zapier, Convertkit, MailChimp, Hubspot, AWeber, Infusionsoft, Drip, and other platforms
- Live chat, polls, and Q&A
How to Use WebinarNinja
Hosting your webinar on WebinarNinja is simple. All you need to do is sign up or log in and create a live, automated, hybrid, or series webinar. You can create customized sign-up forms and add participants one by one or in bulk using a spreadsheet.
Participants can attend the webinar from their desktop computers, laptops, or mobile devices using web browsers like Google Chrome.
- Quick setup within seconds
- Has free version
- Easy to use
- Can upload videos, images, and presentation slides
- Can share YouTube videos during live sessions
- Automatically sends customized email notifications and broadcasts
- Simple pricing structure
- Quick, responsive support
- Extensive knowledge base
- Requires a strong Internet connection
- No Facebook Live and YouTube Live options
- Free trial can only have 10 attendees and webinars that are 20 minutes long
- No money-back guarantee
What Is WebinarJam?
WebinarJam is a cloud-based webinar software for businesses. It’s great for live streaming, pre-recorded sessions, and hybrid sessions that are a combination of both.
Its parent company, Genesis Digital, was founded in 2013 and is also the creator of other leading software like Kartra and EverWebinar.
WebinarJam can be integrated with EverWebinar to host automated webinars.
Let’s dive into the features you get with WebinarJam:
- Upload videos, presentation slides, and animation into your webinars
- In case of technical issues, the Panic Button sets up a new room and transfers attendees within seconds
- Supports different languages
- Has engagement tools like polls, Q&A, live chat, and surveys
- Integrates with EverWebinar, Google Hangouts, ListWire, AWeber, and other tools and platforms
- Ability to access webinars from desktop computers, laptops, and mobile devices
- Provides the option to automatically record live webinars
- Customized registration forms
- Allows scheduling of customized email and SMS notifications
- Can create live offers
- Attendee handouts
How to Use WebinarJam
Once you plan and set up your webinar, participants can register on customized landing pages. WebinarJam offers templates for these so customization is easy and looks professional.
In paid webinars, you can customize the landing page with promotional content, call-to-action buttons, and checkout page links.
Attendees can join the webinar from a web browser using the webinar link after they install the WebinarJam app or plug-in.
- Easy to use
- Good customer support
- Has whiteboard feature
- High image quality
- Can download the webinars hosted on the platform
- Can make an attendee a presenter during a webinar
- Has YouTube Live and Facebook Live option
- Address book feature
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Integrates with Google Translate
- No free version
- Has technical issues
- Lengthy webinar setup process
- Need to pay extra for automated webinars
- Limited word count for webinar title and descriptions during setup
- Limited templates
- Needs more integrations with other apps and platforms
- Can’t save webinar settings
- Only accepts yearly payments, no option to pay monthly
- Third-party video hosting through YouTube, Vimeo Pro, and Amazon S3 is used for uploading videos into webinars
What kind of video quality can you expect from these two platforms? Let’s take a look.
Here is some information about WebinarNinja’s video quality:
- WebinarNinja’s videos are of HD Ready quality (1280×720 pixels) and run at a speed of 30 frames per second.
- Less than 0.5% data packet loss is seen in a device that supports the full features of WebinarNinja.
- Videos have a bitrate of more than 30 KB for audio files and over 1,000 KB for video files.
All together this puts WebinarNinja in a position to deliver videos that don’t lag or pixelize. It also helps ensure continuous audio and accurate syncing (lip synchronization doesn’t suffer).
If your computer, laptop, or mobile device can run WebinarNinja, you’ll benefit from lossless video quality without choppiness and extraneous audio-video noise.
WebinarJam allows you to use pre-recorded or existing video from YouTube, Vimeo Pro, and Amazon S3. When linking to externally located files, you can expect to run them on WebinarJam at 30 frames per second (FPS).
Videos are in HD quality, but they may undergo audio and video compression based on the sites that are hosting them.
WebinarNinja’s primary data is hosted on highly secure servers by Amazon Web Service, thereby providing you with great security.
Besides this, it has 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)/Transport Layer Security (TLS) security protocols across the web, Application Programming Interface (API), and Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) endpoints. This provides highly secure data encryption to users.
The platform makes use of completely redundant servers across its API and web interface for maximum data protection. Redundant servers are commonly used for providing backup or load balance and protecting the data against drive failures and other technical issues.
How does WebinarJam protect the security of its streaming content?
- WebinarJam’s rooms are password-protected, allowing you to restrict access to invited guests.
- The software uses Amazon’s Cloud to host its entire network and relies on its security.
- WebinarJam also uses redundant servers with multiple backups to avoid outages.
- It makes use of Cloudfare’s Security Protocols for attacks and malicious activities against the domain.
- Also, incoming requests are protected via SSL/TLS encryption.
- Every webinar recording is protected with a 30+ key with random characters.
WebinarNinja offers 3 subscription plans that are billed monthly or annually. They are as follows:
The Free plan lets you host unlimited live webinars for 20 minutes at a time with 10 live attendees and 1 presenter. You can also configure it to send email notifications to the webinar’s attendees.
WebinarNinja Pro costs $99 monthly or $83 per month with 100 live attendees if you pay yearly. The rate keeps increasing if you wish to increase the number of live attendees. If you want to host up to 1,000 attendees, you’ll be charged $299 per month with the monthly plan or $249 per month with the yearly plan.
You can host unlimited live, automated, and paid webinars of up to 4 hours each with up to 4 presenters and unlimited registrants. Besides email notifications, you also get unlimited email broadcasts, landing pages, and forms when you sign up for the Pro plan.
The WebinarNinja Business charges $399 per month with the monthly plan or $333 per month with 1,000 live attendees if you pay ahead for the entire year. Besides the features that you get with Pro, you can host 8-hour webinars, including series and hybrid webinars.
Moreover, you can have 10 presenters, priority customer support, and paid webinar coupons with the Business plan.
WebinarJam has 4 annual subscription plans that are calculated at a monthly rate. They include Starter, Basic, Professional, and Enterprise. You can also try the software for 14 days for $1. Let’s take a look at the 4 plans below:
The Starter plan costs $39 per month and lets you host unlimited 1-hour webinars with 100 attendees and 1 presenter.
You can also get live chat, live offer displays, webinar replays, customizable pages, flexible scheduling, email and SMS notifications, polls, surveys, handouts, whiteboard, custom backgrounds, video uploads, and Facebook and Youtube broadcasting.
Basic costs $79 per month for 500 attendees, 2 presenters, and unlimited 2-hour webinars. Besides the features in the Starter plan, you also get automated webinars and the Attendee Spotlight option that allows you to make an attendee a host during a webinar.
WebinarJam Professional costs $229 per month for unlimited 3-hour webinars, 2,000 attendees, and 4 hosts. In this plan, you get the features mentioned in the Basic plan, along with the options of an always-on live room and the Panic Button.
The Enterprise plan costs $379 per month for 5,000 attendees, 6 presenters, and unlimited 4-hour webinars. Along with the features in the Professional plan, you also get access to the Control Panel that lets your colleague or employee manage the logistics of a webinar while you deliver the presentation.
With WebinarNinja, you get 24/7 live chat and email customer support. Its support team responds quickly, which is really helpful if you encounter technical issues during a live event.
WebinarNinja also provides support tutorials so that you can learn the various features of the platform easily. The WebinarNinja Academy is another great resource for learning material. You can access it from within the software.
Members get exclusive weekly newsletters for additional tips and updates. They can also attend live coaching webinars every month where they can ask questions and get help.
WebinarJam also offers round-the-clock live chat and email support.
You can get extensive training through tutorial videos, webinars, and documents that help you learn how to use the software quickly. You can join its Facebook community as well and ask questions that other users can help answer.
Features for Hosts
If you’re considering a WebinarNinja or WebinarJam subscription, you’ll want to know what features are available to you as host. Here they are:
WebinarNinja offers hosts the following functionalities:
- Insert videos into the webinar
- Upload PowerPoint or keynote slides while customizing the layout of the video for smoother presentations
- Display offers, surveys, or polls when the video is running
- Attendees can submit and upvote the most relevant questions for the host to answer
- Attendees can use group chat or private messaging features for engagement
What functionalities can you expect from WebinarJam as host? Here’s a quick look:
- Easily switch between web cameras and videos and share screens while streaming
- Use PowerPoint slides to present during a webinar
- Use Live Chat or Private Messaging to communicate with each other and co-presenters
As you can see, WebinarNinja and WebinarJam have their own strengths and weaknesses. Choosing between them is tough but easier if you know how you’re going to use it and what your needs are.
Final Verdict: WebinarNinja Vs WebinarJam
WebinarNinja Vs WebinarJam — who wins? It really depends on what you need from your software.
WebinarNinja is suited for businesses and creators who need to host webinars for up to 8 hours. It allows you to invite up to 1,000 attendees to live events. Its media library, support for hybrid events, and easily navigable interface makes it a great choice for complex online events with a lot of elements.
Since it can accept payment through its integration with Stripe, content creators who sell courses will find this feature useful in delivering a seamless experience to their clients. They’ll also appreciate being able to insert call-outs and promotional messages during their broadcast.
Another advantage that works to WebinarNinja’s advantage is its easy and quick setup, user-friendly interface, the option to pay monthly or yearly, and extensive knowledge base. Together, these make it a solid platform that many will prefer over WebinarJam.
However, it can only host up to 1,000 attendees, even with its most expensive plan. This is where WebinarJam shines. With an Enterprise account — its most expensive subscription — you can host up to 5,000 attendees, making it perfect for large-scale events. It also lets you broadcast events to Facebook Live and YouTube Live while offering great image quality at a lower price.
If you need to host large events with thousands of attendees and require basic functionalities, go for WebinarJam. However, if you sell courses, want to upsell during your events, and don’t anticipate having more than a thousand attendees, you’ll enjoy the all-in-one solutions that have been thoughtfully included in WebinarNinja.