There’s nothing better at building brand engagement than a carefully orchestrated webinar, but you can’t get there without the support of a webinar platform.
WebinarJam and Demio are two of the top-rated platforms that people often compare, finding one usually suits their needs more than the other.
Which is better, Demio or WebinarJam? Both Demio and WebinarJam are webinar platforms with a huge focus on marketing and analytics, and both have an app and web-based solution.
Demio is likely better suited to the educational sector where WebinarJam is more sales friendly, but both can be versatile.
In the battle between Demio and WebinarJam, each side has a lot to offer for building and hosting webinars. To help you figure out which is best, we’ve compared them where it counts so you can walk away with a platform that’s perfectly suited to your business.
Key Takeaways Demio Vs WebinarJam
Here is the TLDR of the Demio Vs WebinarJam comparison.
- User-Friendly Interface: Demio is known for its intuitive and user-friendly interface, which makes it easy to set up and run webinars even for beginners.
- Audience Engagement Features: Demio includes features like polls, quizzes, handouts, and a chat function, which can help to improve audience engagement during webinars.
- Integrations: Demio integrates with various tools such as email marketing software, CRM systems, and marketing automation platforms.
- Analytics: Demio offers detailed analytics, which can help you understand the performance of your webinars.
- Customer Support: Demio provides strong customer support, with live chat available during webinars.
- Large Audience Capability: WebinarJam can support a large number of attendees, which could be beneficial for larger webinars.
- Presentation Features: It provides the ability to use slides, screen sharing, and includes a virtual whiteboard feature.
- Polls and Surveys: WebinarJam also includes interactive features like polls and surveys to engage the audience.
- Email and SMS Reminders: It offers robust communication tools, including email and SMS reminders to attendees.
- Evergreen Webinars: This feature allows you to record webinars and replay them at scheduled times as if they were live, which can be useful for reaching attendees in different time zones or schedules.
What is Demio?
Demio is one of the newer players in the webinar world but one that offers innovative and exciting features.
Demio lets you build live and pre-recorded webinars to use as you wish, and gives you everything you need to market, moderate, and follow up when they’re done.
- The layout of this software is clean and easy to understand, so beginners will love it as well.
- You get the ability to create live and automated webinars on any plan level.
- Access to a free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you don’t love it.
- You can only have 500 to 1,000 people attend a webinar, even on the highest plan, which is somewhat limited.
- There are limits with webinar scheduling so you have to choose their predetermined dates if you plan on making them automated.
What is WebinarJam
WebinarJam is a cloud-based software made to cater to your every webinar need and they’ve been in business longer than most.
Using WebinarJam, you can create live events or record an automated webinar for people to view later, and it has a whole host of marketing tools you can utilize to build your brand and earn money.
- A whole host of presentation and marketing tools are at your disposal using this software.
- The registration page is exceptional and lets you take full control over how it’s customized with your branding.
- You can test the software for 14 days for just $1 and get your money back if you’re not satisfied within the first month.
- At the basic level, you’ll only be allowed 50 attendees and at the highest level, it’s one of the most expensive options out there.
- The customer support isn’t as impressive as it should be for something of this size.
Video and Audio Quality
A webinar with quality video and audio is a must if you want to keep your audience engaged, and both WebinarJam and Demio have no problems in this area.
Your webinar attendees will be able to view the event on both mobile and desktop-based devices so there’s no limit to how they can be accessed.
WebinarJam is hosted through YouTube Live so it does a good job during streaming, but the Demio video quality is exceptional whether it’s live or automated.
Both have some issues that need ironing out that would make the user experience better, like using engagement tools that end up crowding the key speaker’s video, but they don’t detract from the virtual event.
Ease of Setup
The good thing about using webinar platforms like Demio and WebinarJam is that they do most of the work for you. The simplicity of their dashboards and the way they lead you through every step means it’s impossible to get it wrong, even if you’ve never produced a webinar before.
Both platforms let you set up a webinar in minutes, so all that’s left is recording the presentation and deciding how you want to share it with the world.
How far you go with additional features and engagement tools is up to you, but usually, you can schedule a new webinar in less than 10 minutes just by following the prompts.
There were some issues with the pre and post-follow-up tools that made it a little harder to use Demio for marketing purposes, as you can’t change the email schedule or even customize an email reminder yourself.
You’ll also be limited in segmenting the audience with Demio which is a letdown compared to WebinarJam and how it lets you send customized emails to each group.
Customizable webinar registration pages in Demio and WebinarJam enable you to provide a branded and tailored registration experience. Demio allows you to design unique registration pages using your branding and desired information fields, fostering a cohesive attendee experience. WebinarJam, on the other hand, offers pre-made templates you can personalize with your branding, promotional videos, and custom URLs for post-registration redirects. Both platforms allow you to not only reinforce your brand identity but also gather crucial attendee information, enhancing conversion rates from visitors to registered participants.
The aim of holding a webinar is to use it as a marketing tool in the hopes that you’ll be able to earn more profit and a bigger reach for your brand.
One of the best ways to do this is by converting the registrations into sales and leads, which both Demio and WebinarJam let you do in some regard.
WebinarJam does this with a registration page and a thank you page which you can customize to your brand’s needs. You’ll also get to use their A/B testing which lets you try out different variants and see which the top performer will be.
Demio has some limits on how much you can customize your registration pages, although you can add images and a video if you wish.
However, they offer more custom questions that can be added to the sign-up form so you can get more personalized information from the attendees of your webinar.
Automated Webinars – Evergreen
Demio Webinar Software
Demio has the ability to host automated or “on-demand” webinars. This means you can pre-record a webinar and have it available for attendees to view at their convenience. This can help you reach people in different time zones or those with varying schedules. You can also set up automated emails to remind attendees to watch the webinar.
WebinarJam Webinar Software
WebinarJam also supports automated webinars, where a webinar is recorded and replayed at set times, appearing as though it is live. This feature is managed through their sister product, EverWebinar. WebinarJam allows you to integrate with EverWebinar seamlessly to provide this functionality.
Audience Engagement Tools
One of the biggest markers for success during a webinar is how engaged your audience is, and that’s why people use platforms such as WebinarJam and Demio to help them. On this front, Demio has a slight edge with more features available for interactivity and lots of tools that can boost engagement.
Demio’s list of engagement features includes Q&A, private chats, polls, and moderator roles, as well as their ‘Start Answering’ tool.
WebinarJam also lets you utilize polling, Q&A, and a whiteboard, and they have functions designed for boosting sales like scarcity timers and a counter that shows available units of a certain product.
As far as audience reach goes, it’s easier to get more people at your webinar using WebinarJam, as it has a maximum audience capacity of 5,000.
This is miles ahead of Demio which offers between 500 and 1,000 guests depending on what plan you’re on, so if you envision higher numbers of attendees at your webinars, it won’t be a good fit.
Both WebinarJam and Demio have loads of tools for you to utilize as a presenter, making your job a lot easier. Demio’s Live Webinars allow you to launch slides and let the attendees view them at their own pace with exceptional quality, whereas WebinarJam lets you customize how they go and to even add transitions.
You’ll also get to use the whiteboard tool that WebinarJam has which can help to mark important points.
When it comes to presenter count, the clear winner here is Demio because they allow you to have unlimited hosts with you on the webinar.
This is a stark contrast to WebinarJam where you can have between one and six hosts, with the latter only being available on the highest plan. You’ll be somewhat restricted with how and what you can present during a webinar then.
Demio Vs WebinarJam Webinar Room Experience
Demio Webinar Rooms:
- Interface: Demio’s webinar room interface is clean and modern, and is often praised for its user-friendly design.
- Engagement Tools: It includes interactive features such as polls, handouts, and a chat function to engage with attendees. It also has a private chat option for the host and moderators.
- Presentation Options: Demio supports screen sharing, slide presentations, and videos.
- Real-Time HD Streaming: Demio offers real-time, high-definition streaming.
- Attendee Reactions: Attendees can react to the webinar with emojis, which can be seen by the host and other attendees.
WebinarJam Webinar Rooms:
- Interface: WebinarJam also has a professional, albeit slightly less modern interface compared to Demio.
- Engagement Tools: WebinarJam includes interactive features such as polls and surveys, and a chat function. The chat can also be set to private for host-moderator conversations.
- Presentation Options: WebinarJam offers more extensive presentation options including slides, screen sharing, and a virtual whiteboard.
- Express Jam Technology: This feature provides low-latency HD video streaming.
- Drawing Board: WebinarJam has a unique feature where presenters can draw or highlight directly on their screen during presentations to better illustrate points.
- The WebinarJam “Panic Button”: When you press the Panic Button, WebinarJam will quickly and automatically create a new webinar room, and automatically redirect you, your co-presenters, and your attendees into that new room. This can be a lifesaver if you’re experiencing technical difficulties.
Pricing and Plans
Overall, Demio is the more expensive option once you get into the higher plan levels, but WebinarJam is the more expensive when comparing the most basic plans. Their starter plan costs $499 a year whereas Demio’s is $408 per year.
On the downside, all of WebinarJam’s plans must be paid for as an annual fee, so you need a lot of cash upfront.
Demio’s plans are on a monthly basis, making it easier to fit into your budget and if you decide to commit to a year, you save 30% on the cost.
You can give both of these platforms a try with a 14-day trial, giving you a taste of what they have to offer. There’s a $1 fee for WebinarJam which isn’t a lot, but it would be good to see them charge nothing as Demio did.
It’s also worth noting that both of these platforms offer a 30-day satisfaction guarantee so you can get your money back if you’re not happy with their performance in the first month.
Analytics and Data Exports
One potential downside is that you can’t host paid webinars using Demio, as this feature is only available on WebinarJam.
However, you will be able to get in-depth analytics following each event so you can look at things like webinar traffic, registrations and attendees, and click-throughs on both.
Both WebinarJam and Demio make it easy to keep tabs on what’s happening in your webinars and they give you plenty of leads.
You can gather important data on those who sign up for the webinar thanks to the registration page, which will be helpful in the future.
Some of the data collected during registration include IP address, which webinar they registered for, first and last name, when they entered a webinar, how long they attended for, and other valuable information.
Webinar software can be hugely beneficial for your business but it also comes with some trial and error, and the need for occasional technical support.
As two leading competitors, it makes sense that both Demio and WebinarJam have a range of ways for customers to get support about their products, including live chat, online communities, FAQs, training videos, and more.
The biggest difference between the two is how available their live customer support is, with Demio being the winner and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
WebinarJam does have a few options for getting help but when you’re wanting to speak with someone immediately on a live chat, you’ll have to do this during standard business hours.
Demio is seen as the slightly more modern version of webinar platforms, although it’s a lot more expensive because of this. Webinar Jam is still an expensive pick when you compare it to others but its analytics and audience engagement tools are a major standout.
Both give you opportunities for conversions and with choices like live, automated, and hybrid webinars, so they’re equally as impressive.
Having a webinar platform that you can count on to create virtual events for your brand is essential, but with so many to choose from, it’s hard to know where to start.
We’ve answered some questions about the most popular options for webinar platforms to give you an idea of what they offer.
What is the Best Free Webinar Platform?
However, using the free version of this software will usually come with restrictions on things like attendee numbers and features within the webinar, so it might be worthwhile upgrading to a paid plan if so.
Does Google Meet Have a Time Limit?
Google Meet has a 60-minute time limit on group calls, 24 hour limit on one-on-one calls, and a 60-minute limit on webinars.
Subscribing to a higher plan can increase the length of these video presentations so you must be sure you’re signed up for one that meets the requirements you have for your webinars.
What is EverWebinar?
EverWebinar is a cloud-based webinar platform dedicated to hosting and producing automated and evergreen webinar content.
You can record a virtual event and share it later as needed using the EverWebinar software, or opt for their sister platform WebinarJam that’s more focused on live events.